5 Top Reasons Why Structural Steel is a Reliable Building MaterialBlog | August 27th, 2018
Whether you are building a bridge or a condominium, you want to know that your building is utilising the best materials for the job. When it comes to the construction industry, no material is more often recommended than that of structural steel. Steel is commonly seen as an incredibly tough and durable material and if that were all you knew about it, you’d be on the right track. However, there are a handful of other reasons to consider using structural steel for your next construction project. Today, we’re going to comb through five reasons as to why structural steel can be seen as one of the most reliable building materials available.
Top 5 Benefits Of Structural Steel For Construction
When you start outlining the requirements for your construction project, you are going to obviously have to pay special attention to the building material that you decide to use. With structural steel, the most common projects that are being built with this material will include bridges, industrial buildings, and residential buildings of all shapes and sizes. That’s quite the spread, isn’t it? Why is structural steel so versatile? Keep on reading in order to find out!
1) Durability – Structural steel is incredibly durable and that is, obviously, the leading reason to consider using it for your next project. Structural steel can even resist earthquakes!
2) Great Tension Ratio – With structural steel, you are going to have a weight-to-load bearing differential that is incredibly beneficial to your work. Structural steel is stronger than concrete yet it can weigh as much as 60% less!
3) Load Carrying Capacity – Again, we are comparing structural steel with concrete in this scenario. This direct comparison showcases just how much stronger structural steel is in terms of load-bearing capacity.
4) Quicker Construction – With structural steel, your construction materials are leaving the fabrication warehouse ready to be erected. There is less downtime using structural steel and, since time is money, structural steel is more affordable in the long run.
5) Easy Transportation – Rounding out our list of reliability factors, structural steel also scores high marks for being a reliably easy material to transport. Due to the low weight of the material, it is easy to get structural steel around to wherever you need it to go.
As you can plainly see, structural steel offers a variety of key benefits to consumers and construction workers. The steel is easy to work with, lightweight, and incredibly durable. When you are ready to outfit your next project with structural steel, reach out to A+ Steel Fabrication!
Optimised by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Structural Steel Detailing: A Vital Part in Modern Construction
- The Importance of Temporary Corrosion Protection for Structural Steel
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Process: Why Precision Matters?
- The Process of Steel Manufacturing Explained
- Steel Fabricators in Geelong: Choosing Right Means Choosing A+ Steel Fabrication
- Understanding the Principles of Structural Steel Detailing
- The Importance of Surface Dust Test for Quality Assurance after Sandblasting
- Project Management and Site Installation of Fabricated Projects
- Single Span and Multi Span Rigid Frames: What are the Differences?
- The Process of Effective Sandblasting